- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Select up to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Words cannot describe (hence all the gifs) how happy I was when I saw I’d been nominated for this award. Really though I’ve had a pretty hectic few weeks, especially this week past, and have just barely been able to keep up with the blog and social media- exhibit A= The missing/late reviews, visits to fellow bloggers’ sites, and a few late responses to comments on the blog. Gotta give a huge thank you to all my followers for sticking through it all with me, and for your patience! Really appreciate it! There’s been a lot going on, namely a lot of overtime and back to back work shifts in the double digits (nearly spent my whole day off sleeping), so Raistlin0903‘s news that he had nominated my blog last week really made my day when I noticed it on my way back to hell on earth-
I mean work.
So to get back on track I’d like to give a really huge thank you to Raistlin0903 for taking the time to read my reviews, let alone being the one to grant me my first blogger reward- correction rewards…as I learned last week this actually wasn’t the first time he’s recommended me…
So this will be the first of two blog posts (the next scheduled for next week) in response to both of Raistlin0903‘s nominations.
If you don’t already know Raistlin0903 is a fellow blogger on wordpress who writes some truly amazing reviews on books, movies, anime, board games, and various TV series. I’ve discovered a couple really good shows through his blog posts and comments, and have added even more to my to-watch/read list. To top it off I’ve got to mention the fact I give credit to the way he appreciates his followers. Keep up the good work! (click his name highlighted in blue to view his site please, thanks!)
As for how the blog got started…well…I can’t actually remember it too clearly lol, as it had actually started up 2 or 3 years ago, promptly died without a single post being made or thought up, then revived about 5 months ago. But from what I can remember it came about with two very introverted book loving best friends trying to figure out a way to do something with all the book love we had other then meet up to gush/vent about our latest reads.
And so….once upon a time there were two there were two ordinary book stalking best friends until something extraordinary happened. Sure these two majestic, and handsome people read all the time as children, but then, suddenly, they ended up reading some amazing young adult books and something within them changed. They became magical, flying unicorns. That’s right, these two ordinary, unnervingly strange people unleashed the magical powers of book reading. Sure this magical power resulted in their mutual derangement, but in return they got to become a singular magical unicorn. Grateful for this wondrous gift, the 2-in-1 unicorn then made it a life mission to anonymously write reviews on the great books discovered through relentless book stalking and exploration. And that is, as far as I can remember, the story behind the start of this blog.
Now, to come back down from that momentary lapse in sanity, for the two pieces of advice…this is all still pretty new to me so it’s pretty hard to find something to say when I still know so little myself lol. So I’ll just mention a couple things I’ve noticed along the way and I myself am working at improving:
- I’ve gotta copy Raistlin0903 on this one since it really is such a vital and important part of being a blogger: Don’t neglect your followers. It really is amazing to have people out there willing to check out the stuff you have to say, let alone take the time to comment on it, so please respect that.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. A major reason it took so long to actually get this blog going was due to a ton of unnecessary worrying about how to do this and that, and to be honest, insecurities about whether or not people would even be interested in what I said. To learn as you go, and to make mistakes along the way is more than okay, it’s normal and necessary for growth. So if you make a mistake (like a few week late posts *cough*) that’s fine. Take note of it and devise a way to do better next time.
Wow, this post has became wayy longer than I’d initially intended lol. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this! Lastly but certainly not least- for various reasons (the common one being they are all great blogs you should check out of course =), and listed in no particular order…
- Berryville Book Buzz
- Lives In Stone
- The Book Heathen
- Elemental Quill
- The Orang-Utan Librarian
- Let’s Talk Anime
- Milliebot Reads
- Kirsty’s Book Reviews
- The Book of Meghan
- Heartstring Eulogies
- Media Shadow Reads
- Raistlin090 (though, seeing as how you’ve already been nominated and answered the questions, there’s no need for you to do it again. I just couldn’t make this list without mentioning your blog =)
– I’ll try contacting each nominee throughout this week and next!