I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!!! What?!? Thank You!
- Thank the person who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
I want to extend a very big thank you to Matthew from Matt-In-The-Hat -who does some awesome posts on manga, video games, and anime- for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This is an incredibly belated post in response to this nomination, but I’m doing my best to catch up with all these amazing nominations. If you haven’t checked out his original post where he nominated me, please head over to his blog post here. I’ll be doing a post on the other nomination once I’ve finished catching up with the others.
1. What kind of trading cards, if you any, do you collect?
A: I haven’t gotten into trading cards since the Pokémon craze as a kid. I’ve seen some pretty cool looking ones recently, but don’t have much of an interest in getting back into it.
2. How do you play video games? On console, portable device (Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita), Smartphone, or PC?
A: I don’t play many video games overall. There is an Xbox in my house as well as a PS, so I’ve picked up a few here and there, and do play quite a few on my phone though.
3. Do you have a favorite game board to play?
A: Umm…I’m pretty out of touch with board games, but I loved Sorry, Chess, and Monopoly (yes I know I just cheated and gave a list lol, my mind will forever insert plurals into these kinds of questions).
4. If you met someone that wants to get into anime, what anime series would you recommend them?
A: It would depend on their tastes, age, and favorite genre, but in short EVERYTHING. Lol, seriously though, I’d agonize about which ones to recommend before ultimately spewing out the extensive list of all my favorites.
But, just in case anyone is interested, I’ve thought out the ones I’d be quick to recommend to complete novices by genre. Though these aren’t necessarily my favorites, I loved them all and overall I’d say…
Princess Mononoke (fantasy adventure movie)
Your Name. (Kimi no Na wa.) (movie)/
Wolf Children (movie) or
A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi) (movie)
Psycho-Pass (sci-fi & dystopian) or
Cowboy Bebop (sci-fi)
**Almost everything I listed here is intended for adults or older teens. There are links leading to where the pictures are from and a short synopsis of each show (trailers, episode count, rating, score, reviews, etc.). Now excuse me while I agonize about all the wonderful stuff I’ve just left out.
5. If the same person asked what anime to avoid, what series would you not recommend?
A: This is much easier to answer! Diabolik Lovers
6. What was the recent movie you seen this year, 2016?
A: Umm… I’m just going to go with the last movie I remember seeing last year which was the live version of The Jungle Book!
7. What’s the recent cringiest moment you have ever experienced (in anime terms or non)?
A: My entire life! Lol, I kid. In terms of anime the most recent is pretty much my entire, very short lived attempt to watch Super Lovers.
8. Do you remember your first follower when you started to blog?
A: Ummm… I have the memory span of a goldfish lol. But luckily for me I can look it up! Hold on a sec…Okay, here we go First follower ever: Urbanpo’E.Tree(s)
First follower since actually blogging is: Dirty Sci-fi Buddha
9. Who do you follow the most as soon as you log in your WordPress account?
A: Michel’s blog: Raistlin0903. He’s got a lot of amazing movie/TV show reviews, and has some reviews on games that have made me seriously consider getting into more video games outside of GTA, Assassin’s Creed, Dragon Age: Orgins, and a few others.
10. If you could have any food or meal for your last meal, what would you eat? (money is ignored)
A: Desert…just all of the deserts. Literally ALL of them.
11. What’s the number 1 goal do you plan to do in 2017? It could be about your blog or personal life.
A: I don’t do personal; therefore, blog related. Let me think . . . to actually follow through with all the new changes I’ve made: posts that are not book reviews AND be more present/active on social media.
- Acacia aurora @toritsukamanga
- Lealea477 @Icysquirrel
- Emma The Little Book Worm
- Avi and Vishwa@ Panic at the Bookstore
- Sarah@ Between the Pages
- Ariana@ The Quirky Book Nerd
If I’ve missed that you’ve done the award many times before, or don’t participate in awards please just consider it an honorable mention 🙂
My Questions: Feel free to pick and choose between these questions and the ones I answered if you like.
- If you could speak another language what would it be and why?
- Name your favorite hobby outside of reading/watching anime. When did you start it?
- Which fictional character(s) (game, movie, TV show, book) would you most what to meet in real life?
- What is the best novel, manga, and/or comic you’ve read so far this year?
- If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie what would it be?
- What is the best TV show and/or anime series you’ve seen this year?
- How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
- What movie, book, anime, game, and/or TV show are you most anticipating the release for?
- If you could pick any animal in the world (fictional or otherwise) to temporarily change into for a day what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite dessert of all time?
- Name the top 5 places you most wish to travel to in the future (fictional or otherwise).