Sometimes having high expectations for something is a good thing. This time? Not so much. Here’s my top ten books/series of 2017 that fell short of my expectations, or started out promising but fell short somewhere along the way.
A.K.A: Top Ten that made me a sad unicorn:
1. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
2. Cardcaptor Sakura by CLAMP
I actually wasn’t sure whether to add this to Top Ten Worst Reads instead. It was one of my favourite shows as a kid, and I now enjoy CLAMP’s work. So I was excited for this, but a teacher X middle school student relationship? Nope.
3. Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher
4. Dance of Cloaks by David
I was definitely overdoing it on my expectations for this one. Funny thing is I probably would have enjoyed it 10x more if I wasn’t expecting so much. Still thought it was good/okay though.
5. How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
6. Talon by Julie Kagawa
Overall it was okay, but I was just expecting something different than what I got.
7. Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
8. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
My sadness for this one was real. Those hardcovers are so pretty 😢
9. You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina LaCour
10. Wayward: String Theory by Zub, Cummings, Rauch, Bonvillain, & Dillon
Really not a bad series, I just wasn’t nearly as taken with it as I wanted to be.
So what were your most disappointing reads? Did any of my top ten match yours?
P.S. This is just my own personal feelings about the book/series, and doesn’t necessarily mean I didn’t like anything about the story or enjoy reading it
Thanks for reading!