- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Here’s a big thanks thanks to one of the blogs I most look forward to visiting each week: Meltingpotsandothercalamities! If you haven’t’ already checked out her awesome blog please do by checking out her post: here.
The Q & A
1) What is your favorite color combinations? Least favorite?
Favourite: Black, yellow and red.
Least Favorite: ….pretty much anything with pink.
2) Do you have a “to be watched” list? If so, what movie/TV show/anime has been on it the longest?
I pretty much have a list for everything, even though I usually don’t follow through lol.
TV Show: Ringer
Movie: Where the Wild Things Are
3) Do you prefer coffee or tea, or both?
Definitely tea. I despise the taste of coffee.
4) What is your favorite genre? Your least favorite?
This ones easy.
Favorite: Fantasy anything
Least Favorite: Romance
5) What book/movie/TV show/anime/Webtoon had a 180 twist? Did you like it?
I’m actually drawing a blank on this one. I haven’t come across one in so long. The most recent I can remember is Attack on Titan.
6) Do you have favorite characters who happen to be villains/antagonists?
Of course! I have a very long list for this, but will go with the first 3 that pop into my head:
Cansrel (a sociopathic father) from Fire by Kristin Cashore (no picture).
Hakumen no Mono (a humanly intelligent and cruel yokai) from Ushio to Tora.
Kyoko from March Comes Like a Lion (3-Gatsu no Lion).
All three either gave me such beautifully intense chills…
and/or were such interesting characters in and of themselves.
For Kyoko I also have to say, as much I deeply dislike her, she helped provide such a strikingly beautiful contrast to the positive people and relationships in the protagonist’s life that even through all the rage I couldn’t stop the grudging appeal her presence started to bring.
7) Do you prefer humorous quotes, or inspirational quotes? Can you give an example?
…this is a really hard one. I’ll have to say both.
8) Are there any hyped books/movies/TV shows/anime/Webtoons that lived up to the hype?
9) What is an underrated book/movie/TV show/anime/Webtoon that everyone deserves to know about?
This list could go on forever so I’ll just go with the most recent surprisingly underrated story I’ve come across:
Ushio and Tora is 2015 show based on the manga published in the 90’s about a young teenager who expectantly comes across a yokai (Japanese monster) pinned to the wall of his basement…I don’t even have the words to describe the crazy adventure that single encounter leads to lol.
10) Have you binged any books/TV shows/anime/Webtoons recently?
The Fallen Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes
11) (Shameless advertising time!) Please check my post My Latest Binge Worthy Comics. Do any of these look interesting to you?
YES!! Rise from Ashes and American Ghost Jack being the top two. But to be honest they all look interesting to me lol.
- What was the most recent book/anime/show/movie you’ve watched and can’t wait to share with the world?
- Do you own any graphic novels/manga?
- If you could bring any kind of mythical beast to life and safely integrate it with the world’s population what would it be?
- Have any hated/really disliked character(s)? Name your most despised book/manga/graphic novel character(s).
- Board games or video games? Which would you find yourself playing more?
- Which book/anime/manga/show has recently made the most impact on you?
- What would be your dream job?
- What was the last book/manga/graphic novel you read (or anime/show/movie) that turned out to be unexpectedly better than you had anticipated?
- Do you still remember your favorite childhood book/movie?
- Are you a cat person, a dog person, or a no pet person?
- What was your favorite and least favorite subjects in school? (clearly I’m running out of questions lol).